PalletTruckParts.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and share your concern about the protection of your personal information. This policy covers information we collect about you, whether via our websites: www.whall.co.uk, www.pallettruckparts.co.uk, (our “Websites”), through emails or telephone calls to our office or otherwise. Please read it carefully to understand our reasoning and processes regarding the treatment of your personal data.
W Hall Limited will be the “data controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
1. Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you and allows to identify you as an individual. Any data collected will be for legitimate interests and will enable us to provide information on the products and services that we offer – you are not obliged to provide us with these details but it may hinder our ability to complete business transactions. Data collected may come from general enquiries, whether via our websites, emails, telephone calls, trade shows, in person or any other channel, digital or social media, participation in surveys, applications for employment or any correspondence with W Hall Ltd and its employees. The data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- name; email address, delivery and billing addresses, telephone number;
- financial payment information including bank details and/or credit or debit card details;
- human resources data; and
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online contact forms or otherwise contact us.
2. How we use your personal information
Your data may be used for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- to communicate with you, including to respond to information requests /enquiries submitted and/or to obtain your feedback on our products and services;
- to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer / supplier;
- to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you;
- for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance,
- for record keeping and internal reporting;
- to ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our Websites;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to investigate any complaint you make, and/or to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
- as we may otherwise consider necessary to support the operation of our Websites;
- to obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection; and
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of W Hall Ltd, its personnel and others.
Marketing: We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email or post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided to us. We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services where you have consented to this or where you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your visit to and use of our Websites will not be affected. You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time by contacting our office by email – email@example.com with a header stating “Unsubscribe from Direct Marketing” or by telephone – 028 9084 1444.
3. Automated decision making/profiling
Credit account checks: Upon application for a credit account with W Hall Ltd, we may use the credit reference agency Experian (“CRA”) that processes personal information that you provide to us, in order to analyse your creditworthiness, which helps us to decide if we are able to offer you an account, through which you can purchase products and services from W Hall Ltd by phone, online, or in person. Experian provides a Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (“CRAIN”) with further information about how it uses and shares personal information that it receives about you and/or your business, which is available to review at this link: http://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html. We will also perform any relevant government body checks with HMRC and Companies House to verify company or Directors’ data provided.
Payment providers: We process card payments through PayPal, SagePay and iZettle. Further information about how they use and share personal data that they receive can be viewed at their respective websites:
4. Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent: for direct marketing communications in respect of our own products and services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means (e.g. email and SMS);
- for the performance of a contract with you (such as a contract for the provision of good and services) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- to comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, performing anti- money laundering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, complaints and investigations or litigations
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, e.g. where you or they are seriously injured or ill, or for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you;
- operating our Websites;
- sending direct marketing in respect of our own products and services where you have not provided your consent and the marketing communication is sent by non-electronic means (e.g. post or telephone);
- processing orders and supplying our products and services; and –
- our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our products and services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others). You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How we share your personal information
When we use your personal information for the purposes specified above, we may also share it with:
- trusted third parties we require to run our business, e.g. to deliver products or services, IT suppliers;
- trusted third party providers who provide the following types of services to us: marketing, market research, software, and customer relationship management;
- trusted third party providers in order for us to process payments that are due to us, in doing so we provide bank card details to such providers;
- trusted third party advertising partners, such as Google in order for them to assist us in providing you with targeted adverts (as explained above);
- licensed credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies and lawyers when we carry out credit checks and/or or seek to recover debts due to us;
- our accountants, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergency assistance;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of W Hall Ltd, its employees or others;
- any other third parties, if authorised by you to do so.
The performance of services by our third party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read any such statement carefully.
We do not sell your personal information to others.
A number of other people’s web sites have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information. Such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement.
If we believe that your use of the site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time; statute of limitations under applicable law(s); (potential) disputes, and guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities. Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, to protect it against accidental loss, damage or destruction. We may disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purposes set out in this policy.
All personal and credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet. To protect your data further, your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a database that is away from our Web site database, so it isn’t connected to the Internet. Credit card transactions are issued a digital certificate, ensuring that your data can only be read by our transaction system as long as your browser shows its secure mode symbol (such as a key or closed lock).
All materials on this web site are the copyright of pallettruckparts.co.uk or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. The materials on this web site may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of W Hall Ltd – PalletTruckParts.co.uk.
*Policy updated 25/5/2018.
In accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the best of our knowledge.